Getting “This device is already associated with an Apple ID” error? Want to remove an idle or an obsolete associated device or computer from your Apple ID? Don’t worry; here in this article, we will thoroughly guide you to fix this issue.
Table of Contents
Fix “This Device Is Already Associated With An Apple ID” Issue
But, before going through, we will guide you through the era of Apple’s iOS. We all know that iOS is a mobile operating system which is developed by Apple Corporation, and regionally it was only designed for the use of iPhone but later applied to iPod Touch, iPad, and other Apple devices.
What is iOS and its history?
Apple’s iOS is software that basically controls all the basics of your gadget, including the look, feels, and settings. The first version of the iOS operating system was released in June, and in the same year at that time, the name of this system was dubbed as iPhone OS X.
But, three years later, the tech giant Apple announced to change the name of this operating system to iOS at the WWDC conference in 2010.
Moreover, the system structure of the iOS is divided into four layers, the core OS layer, the core service layer, the media layer, and the Kokua touch layer.
The whole OS takes up about 240 megabytes of the memory space, as it is famous for its performance and stability. Apple always put its best to make the technology of iOS always stay ahead of the competition.
What is Apple ID?
Generally, the Apple ID is the identifier that gives us access to several Apple services like iMessage, iCloud, the online support service on the Apple website, as well as access to purchase applications or products in the iTunes Store App Store, Mac App Store, and Apple Store Online.
After the arrival of the application stores, these IDs have become really essential and necessary. But, there are many users who buy an Apple device from a relative who does not really know what it is or how to create it; so in that case, if they do not have it, then they won’t be able to fully manage their device.
A few years ago, a credit card was mandatory to create an Apple Account, but now you can make an Apple Account/Apple ID without any Credit Card. However, if you don’t add credit card information, you will not be able to buy anything from Apple iTunes and Store, but still, you can download and install free apps and other free things.
Why do you get “This Device Is Already Associated With An Apple ID” error?
We all know that nobody likes interruptions, and getting the error like “This Device Is Already Associated with an Apple ID” is quite annoying. But, here’s the question is, why this error occurs?
Basically, the answer is quite simple, let me explain in simple words, this error occurs due to the association of your current or the earlier Apple device through which you have made any purchase of Apple products or subscribe to Apple services via your existing Apple ID.
In short, when you make any purchase like this, that particular Apple device gets linked with your Apple ID.
How to fix “This Device Is Already Associated With An Apple ID” issue?
So, now, if you want to fix this issue, then simply, first of all, you have to remove the Apple device that got associated with your Apple ID.
If you don’t remember with which Apple device you have connected your Apple ID, then don’t worry, as with the help of iTunes, you can see the full list of the Apple devices with which you have associated your Apple ID.
Once you find it, now you can proceed to the further steps, let’s begin:-
- First of all, you have to open iTunes on your Windows system. But, if you are using a Mac PC then you have to open the =Apple Music Store.
- Then you have to Sign in using your Apple ID.
- To do so, you have to click on the “Account” option from the menu bar, and then you have to select the “View My Account” option.
- Now you have to go to the iTunes sections and find the “Manage My Devices” option and select it.
- Here in this screen, you will be able to access and see the full list of all the associated devices with your current Apple ID that you want to use for subscribing to any Apple services and purchasing products from the Apple’s App Store.
- Now from here, you can remove all the devices that are associated with your Apple ID, and simply fix the “This Device Is Already Associated With An Apple ID” issue.
- That’s it now you are done.
How to create Apple ID?
Creating an Apple ID is very easy, but if you are not fully aware of it, then you may face some problems. If you have the right information, then you can easily create Apple ID on your Apple device or iPhone.
We all know that Google Play Store is available on the Android platform; similarly, Apple Store remains on the Apple software ecosystem, from where you can download any application. So without wasting much time, let’s know how to create Apple ID.
- First of all, you have to go to Settings on your iPhone or iPad.
- Then click on the iTunes & App Store option.
- After that, you will see a new tab in which you will see the name “Create New Apple ID”, and then click on it.
- Here, you will see some new options where you will have to set your name, date of birth and some security questions and answers; so that whenever you forget your Apple ID, with the help of those Security questions and answers, you can recover your Apple ID.
- Now after clicking on the Create New Apple ID option, here you will see a new tab.
- In this new tab, you will see that there is written: “Create Apple ID.” Below that, you have to fill up some important things.
- Now on the next screen, you have to select None in the option of your Credit Card and click on Next.
- Once done, now you have to click on the “Next” Button present at the top right corner of your screen.
- After completing the above steps now, you will get a confirmation E-Mail with a verification link on your Email ID.
- Here, you have to click that link, as you will have to verify your Email Address.
- Now, once done, you have to go back to the Settings option, and with your registered Email ID and Password, you have to log in.
- That’s it now you can download all the free apps from the App Store, and you can also download music.
So, through today’s post, I hope you have learned that how to fix the “This Device Is Already Associated With An Apple ID” issue, as I tried my best to provide you with a step-by-step guide to fix this issue.
Hence, I hope that the information that I have given will be useful for you. If you found this article helpful, then surely don’t forget to share this guide with the needy one.